Each year ASANA partners with a Host City to deliver the ASANA Softball World Series, one of the largest, annual female sporting events in the world. Over 1,500 athletes, coaches and fans from 25 member cities across North America travel to compete and celebrate equality one game at a time. In 2018 ASANA will be celebrating it’s 11th year when the Series takes place in New Orleans September 17th – 22rd.
- Monday, September 17th:
- Summer Council Meeting, Omni Riverfront
- Tuesday, September 18th:
- 12pm – 3pm: Bat Check, Omni Riverfront
- 4pm – 5pm: Managers Meeting, Omni Riverfront
- 5pm – 6pm: Umpires Meeting, Omni Riverfront
- 6pm – 10pm: Opening Party, Mardi Gras World
- Wednesday September 19th:
- Pool play begins, Val Reiss Park
- Bat Check, Val Reiss Park
- 7pm: Hall of Fame Dinner, Riverview Room (Tickets on sale now!)
- Thursday September 20th:
- Pool play continues, Val Reiss Park
- (TBD) Bracket play begins, Val Reiss Park
- Friday, September 21st:
- Bracket play, Val Reiss Park
- Friday Night Lights, Val Reiss Park
- Saturday, September 22nd:
- Championship Play, Val Reiss Park
- Closing Party, Fulton Alley
Note: Pool play will run Wednesday – Thursday. Depending on the number of teams, bracket play will either begin on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. We hope to announce the plan by mid-July. Thank you!
Interested in helping?
The Host City Committee is looking for volunteers to help us on the ground in New Orleans September 18th – 22nd. Even a few hours helping with set-up, score collection, events, etc can really make a difference and lessen the load for all. Please fill out the form so we can add you to our list! Once teams and schedules are finalized for the week we will follow-up with specific assignments so everyone can plan accordingly. Please also share with your local leagues. We thank you in advance for your help!
Questions? Please email Tarah at email@example.com.